This recipe is vegan and paleo friendly. Cauliflower is so versatile now days, from pizza crust to fried rice. It’s low on calories and high in fiber which is why I add it to my mashed potatoes. If you love mashed potatoes like I do, but don’t want to go over board with calories and carbs, you’ve come to the right place!
1lb 8oz small potatoes of choice (I’m using Dutch Yellow baby potatoes)
1 cauliflower head
2 tbsp vegan “butter” spread
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tbsp ground black pepper
2 crushed garlic cloves
- Cut cauliflower head into smaller pieces.
- Boil potatoes and cauliflower in two separate cooking pots. Cook until tender. 10-12 minutes for cauliflower and 17-20 minutes for potatoes.
- Drain and immediatley transfer potatoes and cauliflower in to a large bowl. If you have a large mixer, you can use the flat beater attachment to mash ingredients. If not, use a potato masher.
- While mashing potatoes and cauliflower, add butter spread, salt, garlic, and ground pepper.
- Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Serve.
Serving size: 6
Nutrition Facts per serving: