Let’s be honest, nothing beats pizza, but Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are a close (healthy) second! This recipe is also Keto friendly and gluten-free!
2 large Portobello mushrooms
1/4 cup Rao’s Homemade marina sauce
1/4 cup fat-free shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup arugula
1 crushed garlic clove
4 slices of organic turkey (cut into small squares)
1/8 cup chopped onion
Fresh basil and chili flakes (optional)
Before filling portobello mushrooms, it is important to cook them through and remove some of their excess moisture.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place mushrooms stem side up on a baking sheet and roast for 20 to 25 minutes depending on size. If any moisture collects in the mushroom caps, carefully drain and discard.
- In a small sized pan, heat olive oil and sauté chopped onions and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes and then add minced turkey. Cook until golden brown and then add arugula.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Distribute the roasted mushrooms, stem side up, on the sheet pan. Fill each mushroom with a large spoonful of marinara sauce. Add the sautéed onions, turkey, and arugula evenly among the mushrooms, spooning it on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Top with fresh basil and chili flakes. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts for 2 stuffed mushrooms: