This chicken stew is made Peruvian Style. It is also paleo friendly.
- 8 oz chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/3 cup tomato (chopped)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup water small sized potatoes (cut in halves)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sear the chicken pieces until cooked and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon oil, onion, tomato and garlic. Cook at medium-high heat, stirring every few minutes, until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir, cooking for 3 minutes.
- Put the chicken back in the saucepan, add potatoes and water and bring to a boil. Cover and set a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve with vegetable as side. For this recipe I am using grilled asparagus.
Serving Size: 2